ERROR: exactly one “hosts” entry is required in /etc/netsvc.conf
* Normally this kind of error we are facing at the time PowerHA systemMirror migration Prerequisites.
* PowerHA systemMirror clmigcheck utility deducting this kind of errors.
* If suppose we are not resolving this issue, we will not able to perform PowerHA SystemMirror 6.1 to 7.1 Rolling or Snapshot migration.
NODE1:# clmigcheck ## One or more possible problems have been detected: ERROR: exactly one "hosts" entry is required in /etc/netsvc.conf on node "NODE1". A value such as the following should be the ony line in /etc/netsvc.conf: hosts = local4,bind4 Or for IPv6 environments: hosts = local6,bind6
* This is not a big Problem, so we no need to worry about this.
* Actually Problem is our /etc/netsvc.conf file on all the cluster nodes.
Solution for the Problem:
Verify there is only one line that is one uncommented line in /etc/netsvc.conf file.
Make sure take backup of /etc/netsvc.conf file remove all the entry’s form this file kept only one line as per mentioned below line.
NODE1+NODE2:# cat /etc/netsvc.conf hosts = local4,bind4
* Refresh clcomd service on all the nodes.
NODE1+NODE2:# refresh -s clcomd 0513-095 The request for subsystem refresh was completed successfully.
* Run again clmigcheck utility it should be work.
If there is no error on your HA configuration prerequisites. You will be get below mentioned output. it means your HACMP Cluster ready for Migration.
NODE1:# clmigcheck ------------[ PowerHA SystemMirror Migration Check ]---- Please select one of the following options: 1 -> Enter the version you are migrating to. 2 -> Check ODM configuration. 3 -> Check snapshot configuration. 4 -> Enter repository disk and IP addresses. Select one of the above, "x" to exit, or "h" for help:
Exactly one “hosts” entry is required in /etc/netsvc.conf problem has been solved as per our above instructions.